|Enjoy comfy beds, designer ensuites and large balconies with views of the nearby mountains, river or village. You can also try the infrared sauna, or relax outside on the sunny garden terraces.|
Open all year round, Maison Caramel has five charming bedrooms, plus a self-contained studio, and four more bedrooms in the luxury penthouse. All the rooms are ensuite and comfortably furnished. Each room has its own character and individual style, but all preserve the feeling of french farmhouse simplicity.
Most rooms have feather duvets and pillows, and all have ensuites equipped with guest robes, hair dryers, and heated towel rails. Montagne, Alpage, Abri and Bateau also have deep double-ended baths – ideal for a romantic soak.
The room collections
Small and sweet ensuite double or twin rooms, simply furnished and decorated in calm colours.
- Piano: twin looking onto shared terrace, ground floor
- Studio: self-contained ground floor twin with external entrance, looking onto shared terrace (can also be rented self-catered)
- *Bateau: penthouse double/triple (double bed + single bunk overhead)
Charming ensuite double or twin rooms with large beds, vintage furniture and large balconies. Some can also be configured as twins, and two have four poster beds.
- Riviere: first floor twin with private terrace and balcony
- Bois: first floor double with four poster bed (160x200cm) and balcony (also space for extra bed)
- Village: second floor double (bed 160x200cm) with balcony (also space for extra bed)
- *Rose: penthouse double with four poster bed (160x200cm) and balcony
These spacious romantic rooms elegantly blend alpine rustic charm with modern designer touches. They all have queen-size double beds, sitting areas, ensuite bathrooms with double-ended baths, and balconies with mountain views. The rooms can accommodate up to two extra people.
- Montagne: second floor ensuite room with sitting area, large double bed (160x200cm), two balconies and a set of bunks (top bunk 170cm long)
- *Alpage: spacious penthouse room with free standing slipper bath, large double bed (160x200cm), two balconies and a mezzanine with twin beds
- *Abri: penthouse room with large double bed in the mezzanine (160x200cm, low ceiling), and adult-sized bunkbeds below (90x200cm). Ensuite bathroom and balcony
*The penthouse is on the top floor of the house, and has its own entrance and garden accessed by a long flight of external log steps (not suitable for young children or the infirm).
Sole occupancy / Exclusive use
You can hire the whole house on a sole occupancy catered or B&B basis for 2 nights or more depending on the time of year, making it ideal for a group walking holiday or ski break. It can sleep a total of 20-27 people in 9 ensuite bedrooms and an optional studio. Contact us for a tailored quote.
The luxury penthouse on the top floor is also available for self-catered rental as a self-contained chalet with private garden, 4 ensuite bedrooms (sleeping up to 12/14), spacious living area with log stove, a kitchen and utility room. See self-catered chalet for more information.
A note about the house
Maison Caramel is an old farmhouse with nearly 150 years of history. We've preserved as many of the original features as we could, including the floorboards. We've done our best to insulate them, but it does mean the lower rooms in the old part of the house won't meet the sound-proofing expectations of those used to modern concrete flats or purpose-built hotels. If this is a concern for you, ask to stay in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor (Village or Mountain), or the new top floor (the Penthouse).